Friday, February 21, 2014

Mini-Collecting Under the eBay Radar

I recently read on someone's blog (sorry, I forget whose it was) that they'd had pretty good success with placing very low early bids on a bunch of cards and reaping the rewards when a few of them slip through the cracks and don't get bid up. So, naturally, I had to give it a try. The result was four great mini-collection hits, delivered to my mailbox, for just about a buck total.

2000 Pacific Crown Collection Latinos of the Major Leagues Freddy Garcia SEA #28


This photo on just about any other card probably would not have gotten Freddy Garcia into The Turtleneck Collection. However, framed the way it is, with all of that fabulous colorful shininess, I've gotta get it in there. Come to think of it, this idea might not save me money, after all. Now I want to track down this entire insert set. These things are fantastico!

1992 High 5 Reusable Decals Promo Frank Thomas CHW
1998 Topps Gallery Jose Rosado KCR #131


The Big Hurt's big turtleneck gets him in with this really odd oddball. And Jose Rosado makes for a museum-worthy addition to Getting a Grip in one of its least-populated sub-categories, Rosin Bags.

2001 Topps Stadium Club Pete Harnisch CIN #24


But this one is even better. If there's a more interesting Warm-Up Grips card out there, I'd love to see it. Maybe I will see one on eBay, while everyone else misses it. It's been known to happen...

2 comments:

  1. I kinda wish Griffey was a Latino just so he would get one of those cards....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get one of those Harnisch cards

    ReplyDelete