Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fun and Philanthropy: A Win-Win Situation

I'm not proud to say that I am generally one of those people who is full of well-wishes and good intentions, but who rarely puts forth the time and effort to do much good beyond my own family. Fortunately for all of us, there are people like Chris of View from the Skybox who don't just think happy thoughts, they take action.

When Chris contacted me about his plan to host a charity group break, with the proceeds going to ChildFund International's Typhoon Haiyan relief efforts, I jumped on board. My wife and five children were all born in the Philippines, and they have many friends and family members who still live there. Fortunately, as far as we have been able to determine, all are safe and healthy. Of course, far too many weren't so lucky.


Chris somehow managed to whip up an incredible opportunity for the motley lot of us card bloggers to help with the relief effort, and to enjoy the benefits of some fabulous little cardboard at the same time. The price is more than reasonable, and the return can't help but be great in one way or another. The break includes several boxes of great stuff released over the past five years (including this year's online exclusive Topps Mini!). As of this posting, every team (other than my Dodgers, of course) is still available. Act fast! I urge anyone who's interested to hop on over to View from the Skybox for further details, and to sign up to join in the fun and philanthropy.

UPDATE: My wife, Cathy, bought in for her Yankees, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment