Thursday, June 19, 2014

Please Read This Post. Thanks.

Here's the short version:

Please don't send me any cards until further notice because 1) I won't be able to send anything out myself until late in the fall at the earliest, 2) even at that point, I won't be getting any new cards in order to accumulate trade material, and 3) I won't be at my current address for more than a few more weeks.

The slightly expanded version:

You may have noticed my little "vacation" here at Playing With My Cards. It's something that I'd hoped wouldn't last as long as it has, or as long as it yet will last. Long story short, bankruptcy, foreclosure, and all of those things you read about happening to other people have hit my family. All is going to be well. To a large extent, we're all looking forward to a fresh start. So, this isn't a woe is me kind of thing.

But it does mean an unexpected and undesirable break from blogging and trading at least until the later part of this year. And when I can resume trading, it's going to have to be on a small scale, as I'm not going to be able to add to my collection appreciably for perhaps a few years. I do very much look forward to resuming the fun on this blog when we're settled into whatever our new living situation may be.

And I'll still be here as an avid reader of what's happening with all of you throughout the summer. Thanks in advance for the well-wishes. I'll be back when I can. In the meantime, see you in the comments section.

Oh, and I would be remiss if I were to fail to mention the way in which baseball once again proved why it's something that transcends wins and losses, statistics and contracts. The day in which I learned that I was going to lose my house ended with a giant smile on my face thanks to having the opportunity to listen to Vin Scully call a Clayton Kershaw no-hitter. You just can't script this stuff.

Have a great summer. Be well, and I'll see you all here again soon. Thanks.

-Ethan

14 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear of the recent troubles, Ethan. Hope things pick up for you soon. My email box is always open if you ever want to chat. Baseball really is one of the few things in this world that can transcend life. That Kershaw no-no was something else, and I'm glad it brought a smile to your face.

    My heartfelt best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you and your family the best Ethan. I'll have a stack of Dodgers ready for you when you return :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you and yours, Ethan.
    Send me an email with an address when you're settled, and I'll be glad to send you a fistful of cards to keep your collection going.
    I don't need cards in return, it's not about that. Just want you to keep getting the fun that comes from some new cards.
    Looking forward to your occasional comments over at ATBATT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  4. Hope everything works out for you and your family. I too will send you some cards when you get settled . No need for cards in return. Keep your head up. I will shoot you an email shortly.. I'll be looking for you in the comments of other blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. No obligations on your part, bud. Focus on what's important in your life and when it's all breezy again, come back to us. As for the trades, not even thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck to you sir. Looking forward to your return...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to read about your recent misfortunes. Hope everything is on the up-and-up. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's about time for a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I'm officially removing this blog from my "Reading list" after all this time. If you ever return to blogging, give me a heads up, please. Hope all is well with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete